The theme is the front-end look of your website. It changes how your website looks and feels. WordPress provides us with a lot of themes in different categories. Some themes are free and some are paid. There is a difference between free WP themes and paid WP themes that we will discuss later in this article. But from now on I’m going to show you how to install a WordPress theme. So let’s get started:
How to Install or Change WordPress Theme:
There are two ways to install and activate a Theme on the WordPress website.
- Choosing a theme, in the given WordPress themes directory.
- By uploading a WordPress theme in a zip file (if you have purchased a theme already and downloaded it in a zip file).
If you have not selected any theme yet or you’re confused about choosing the right WordPress theme. Then, see our recommended highest rating and fastest WordPress Themes in 2021 at the end of this article.
Let’s get started:
- Log in to your WordPress website dashboard. e.g. by going to https://www.sitename.com/wp-admin and entering your username and password.
- After logging in, go to the Appearance section located on the left side of your WP site dashboard and then click Themes. As shown below in the image:
By default, WordPress comes with the theme named Twenty-twenty one that is pre-installed.
3. Click Add New Theme button as shown in the image:
4. Now, you can search themes by name or you can choose themes in the given categories.
5. After selecting the theme, click install, it will take less than a minute then click activate as shown below:
Also, you can click on the live preview to see the preview of your theme before activating it. To check, how it will look like on your live website. I recommend you to do that because it will help you.
6. Now, your theme has been installed. It will take you to this page:
You can visit your site now to see your theme in action. All WordPress themes recommend different types of plugins that are essential to run those themes properly. So, install those required plugins.
Second Method (Upload Theme in a Zip file):
- On your WordPress dashboard, Go to Appearance >> Themes then click Add New Theme. And after that at the top beside Add Themes heading click on the “Upload theme” button. As you can see in the image below:
2. Click on Choose File button, select your theme in a zip file and click ok. After that click on the Install Now button.
3. The installation process will take some minutes to complete. Maybe 10 minutes depending on your theme file. After this simply click activate and your theme will apply.
Congratulations, you have learned how to install a WordPress theme. But wait see the top five themes below.
Top Highest Rating and Fastest WordPress Themes in 2022
Astra is the most popular lightweight and SEO-optimized WordPress Theme with over 1 million downloads. With its faster load time and unique features, you will be amazed. This theme is compatible with all popular page builders, like Elementor, Beaver Builder, WP Bakery, Visual Composer, etc.
With Astra, you can make beautiful and mobile-friendly websites. It provides beautiful website templates with a one-click import.
Neve is a lightweight and fastest theme than others. Speed is the first priority of this theme. Also, it is mobile-friendly and compatible with all page builders. Beautiful WordPress theme for beginners and advanced users.
Hestia and Neve’s themes are of the same company theme isle. Both have unique features but Hestia is a more modern theme. You can make any type of website like business sites, blogs, e-commerce stores, etc.
ColorMag is the best theme for websites like blogs, newspapers, magazines, Health, and Technology. It is a beautiful free theme. Compatible with any page builder. Unique Extensions for Elementor page builder.
So, all of the above these five are the best according to my research and experience. Because I already have used these themes.
Hope you will like it. If you have any questions related to WordPress Themes then feel free to ask in the comment section below.