The first thing that every beginner does after installing WordPress is to install plugins. Plugins are the main part of WordPress. With plugins, you can add new and powerful features to your website. Features like contact forms, SEO, WooCommerce, widgets, sidebars etc. In this tutorial, I will tell you how to install WordPress Plugins.
Plugins are available in millions for WordPress. Just install and activate and this will automatically change your website functionalities. And the best part is that you don’t need to do any coding.
So, as said. Let’s see how to install WordPress Plugins.
Two Ways to Install Plugins in WordPress:
1) Install Plugins (By Add New Button)
- To do this, log in and go to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to the Plugins section and click on Plugins as shown in the image below:
3. This will take you to the Plugins page. All plugins are listed here. You can also deactivate and delete plugins here. For now, see top left on that page. See Add New button and click on that. As shown in the image below:
4. Now, this is where you can install and activate new plugins. As shown in the image click on search bar and search Plugin by name.
Let’s search plugin name Yoast SEO.
5. Now click on Install Now button to install Yoast SEO Plugin.
6. After that, click on Activate button.
This will redirect you to the Plugins page, here is your plugin added to the installed plugins list.
Here is another option added at the left sidebar below settings option. There you can manage your plugin settings. See image below:
2) Install Plugins (by uploading plugin in zip file)
- At the Plugins page, click on Upload Plugin button.
2. Now click on Choose File and choose your plugin in a zip file (if you already have downloaded the plugin in zip file). After that click the installs now button and then activate your plugin.
Congratulations! You have successful learned that how to install WordPress plugins.
I hope you like it. If you have any question related to this then feel free to ask in the comment section below.