In this article, you’ll learn how to create a MailChimp account for free. MailChimp is the most popular email marketing software.
What is Email Marketing? Email Marketing is a way to promote your business or brand through emails. By using any email marketing software, you can make an email list of your clients or customers. And then you can send them daily and weekly updates about your business or brand.
Why MailChimp? MailChimp is the best and cheapest way to start email marketing. With a free MailChimp account, you can add 2000 contacts and send them 10,000 emails. It is more than enough for a beginner. But if you’re an expert, you can upgrade your account as well.
If you have a MailChimp account, you can add email newsletters to your WordPress website.
So, let’s start:
Create Free MailChimp Account:
- First of all, you need to go to the MailChimp website. To do that click on the link Create MailChimp Account.
- On the home screen, click the Sign Up Free button on the top right corner. As shown below in the image.
3. After your click, this page will appear as below:
4. Nowhere as you can see above in the image, enter your email address (your own email), a username (this will be used for login purposes), and password. After entering your details, click on the sign-up button as shown below:
5. After your click, the email confirmation page will appear that will look like this as below:
6. Now, open up your email inbox and check there. There will be a confirmation email with the title Activate your MailChimp account. As shown in the image below:
Open that email and click on the Activate Account button.
A new tab will open with a human confirmation page in your browser. Click on I’m not a Robot as shown in the image below:
Note: If you didn’t receive any MailChimp email then refresh your email inbox page, or maybe you entered the wrong email address.
7. Choose Free Plan
Now see, read carefully just a few more steps, choose the free plan. MailChimp free plan will provide you with 2000 contacts and a 10,000 email sends limit that is more than enough for a beginner. Go ahead and click the Next button. As you can see in the below image.
After that click, this page will appear as below:
8. Enter your Personal Information to Complete Setup
- First Name and Last Name
- Business Name (This will be the name of your business or brand, or a website. MailChimp will use this name when you will send emails to your customers, clients or users.)
- Website URL (It is optional. If you have a website then enter your website URL. If not then leave it empty). You can add this later too.
- Phone Number (It is also optional. Only for security purposes. It’s up to you). You can add this later too.
After filling the information, click continue.
Now, Enter your Business or Company’s Address details. And click continue. Like in this image below:
After that click, the new page will appear.
Here, if you have your customer’s or clients’ contact information then you add it here. But don’t worry if you don’t have one. I will choose NO because we can do this later. Now click continue.
Here above in the image, it will ask you two questions. About your business or website. You can answer this and click continue or skip this. That’s fine. After that final page will open:
Above in the image, you can get updates about MailChimp and get your weekly insights. Now, click Continue. And congratulations! you have successfully set up your free MailChimp account. Below here is your MailChimp Dashboard where you can perform your actions. Like create campaigns and send emails, create newsletters, sign up forms, create your email lists etc.
Tip: If you’re using WordPress, then using MailChimp newsletters will be very beneficial to grow your email list of subscribers. To use MailChimp newsletters, check out our complete guide to add MailChimp newsletters to the WordPress website.
That’s it. This is how you can create a MailChimp account.
I hope this article will be really helpful for you. If you have any questions about this, you can ask in the comment section below. And give your feedback about this article thank you.